- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Creation date :
- Reference :
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Bodet Ltd is the UK subsidiary of the Bodet Group which employs over 700 staff across Europe and exports globally to over 70 countries across the world via its extensive distribution network. We are a leading organisation that specialises in time management and security solutions for businesses across the UK, ranging from manufacturing, retail, finance, logistics, health, education and public sector.
An exciting and varied role has now become available for a Software Installation Engineer to carry out customer audits, configure and set up our Time & Attendance and Access Control solutions based on the needs of each customer and provide customer training. The successful candidate needs to be prepared to work at customer sites in the UK and our office in Hemel Hempstead.
- Audit, configure and set up Bodet’s Time & Attendance, Access Control and Clock and Bell systems at customer sites accurately and on-time.
- Provide customer training during the installation so customers are able to use our systems competently.
- Answer any customer queries before and during the installation.
- Report any issues related to customer installations to the technical services manager in a timely manner.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs both in-house and at customer sites.
- Offer technical support to customers and our distributor network.
- Organise future installations.
- Assist the sales team in preparing for customer meetings.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept in an orderly and efficient manner at all times.
- Offer ad-hoc assistance to other internal departments when requested.
Due to the diversity of the role, we would like the candidates to tick as many boxes as possible. We understand it’s seldom the case that a candidate can tick them all, but having at least 3 of the following would be advantageous:
- A software background in an HR, staff management (clocking system), payroll or access control solutions.
- Experience in setting up and training customers in using a business software solution.
- Knowledge of Windows Server or MS SQL Server.
- A good knowledge level of networking (TCP/IP).
- Ability to install hardware including clocking in terminals and access control readers.
- A background in electronics, or experience of electrical installations.
- Ability to work independently and in a flexible manner.
- Highly organised.
- IT literate with core Microsoft software.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and spend on average 4 nights away from home per month.
- An appetite for learning and wanting to excel.
- A company car will be provided which can be used for private use.
- 20 days holiday initially rising to 25 with length of service.
- Pension scheme contribution.
- Private health care after 24 months of service.
Equal Opportunities Policy Regarding Employment
- Bodet Ltd will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
- Bodet Ltd will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
The Bodet Group
The Bodet Group provides Time Management Solutions to over 35,000 customers in more than 70 countries worldwide. Our solutions are designed and manufactured to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and are used in a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, education, finance, healthcare and logistics. The Bodet Group employs over 700 staff across Europe and exports its products and solutions across the world via its extensive distribution network.
In Europe the Bodet Group has offices in Switzerland, Holland, Spain, Belgium and the UK. In the UK, our office is based in Hemel Hempstead.
Five good reasons to join
- Work in a close-knit organisation and feel valued
- Join a dynamic team
- Participate in innovative projects in varied locations
- Opportunity for advancement with real prospects
- Work with high quality products